Call it a clan, call it a network, call it a tribe, call it a family.
Whatever you call it, whoever you are, you need one....Jane Howard
"Your most important friendships should be with your own brothers and sisters and with your father and mother. Love your family. Be loyal to them. Have a genuine concern for your brothers and sisters. Help carry their load so you can say, like the lyrics of that song, 'He ain't heavy; he's my brother.' " Ezra Taft Benson

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Luxury or Necessity?!?

For those who have known me for quite a while, I have dealt with chronic headaches. I can not remember when I did not have headaches, I know that time existed, but when was it. After trying a couple of different chiropractors, Kevin decided I needed to go and see my friend Heather. So couple of years ago I started going in for massages on my neck, back and shoulders. Heather did a great job on working my knots out. There would come a time when they would taper off, only to return a few days later. The conclusion of my headaches was from stress and tension. The reason this is the conclusion is because I had a MRI, got glasses for reading, and my neck and shoulders are constantly tight. Okay, so fast forward to now.....I do not go to school, I do not babysit, I am a stay at home mom and I love it!!! Headaches?? Yes, they are still there, but only occasionally.... No longer everyday, maybe once a week. I can only go about 3 weeks until I need to get my neck, shoulders, back and head worked on or they come back full force. I do as I please during the days, although I must say for over a month now I have been canning and I finished yesterday. The list is long on what I canned and I am so proud of myself. Okay enough babbling. This topic has just been on my mind lately. I would say my massages are definitely a necessity, after all, I am a much nicer person when my head is not pounding constantly!!!!

4 comments:

Glenna & Kevin said...

Kevin and I go and get an a hour and a half massage 1-2 times a month for our date nights. They are awsome. Glad they make u feel better.

Suzie said...

Yuck! I hardly ever get headaches & I hate them so I feel for those of you with chronic ones. I would not survive! I'm glad that getting rid of some stress has helped you out!

Kara said...

I did not know that you were not going to school any more. What all have you canned. I am kinda jealous of you being done, I still have quite a bit to do! But I love seeing it on the shelves!

jessica said...

I totally agree...being a stay at home mom is way more relaxing. I'm glad to hear the headaches are less frequent:) I think I took several of them with me when I moved;)