Call it a clan, call it a network, call it a tribe, call it a family.
Whatever you call it, whoever you are, you need one....Jane Howard
"Your most important friendships should be with your own brothers and sisters and with your father and mother. Love your family. Be loyal to them. Have a genuine concern for your brothers and sisters. Help carry their load so you can say, like the lyrics of that song, 'He ain't heavy; he's my brother.' " Ezra Taft Benson

Sunday, May 3, 2009

Busy week!

On Wednesday night, Zach earned his Star ranking at the court of honor!! We are so proud of him. He also has all of his merit badges he needs for his life ranking, we are just awaiting the time limits. His scout master said Zach should be able to earn his Eagle by the end of January 2010.


Audrey also earned her integrity emblem for YW! Way to go!!!!


Thursday morning at 7 am, Becky and I headed to BYU for Women's conference.


All of the Women stood and sang "Now let us rejoice". It was quite the sight to see 20,000 women singing.

We attended classes all day on Thursday, and we helped tie fleece quilts on Thursday evening. That night we attended a concert where Hillary Weeks sang, as well as many others. It was a great day!!
On Friday we headed back to the conference at 7 am. We wanted to have good parking (which we did!). We attended classes all day, and it was fabulous!! I learned so much, and now I just need to apply it to my life!!



Friday's closing session was great!! L. Tom Perry spoke and Russell M Nelson was there also. I loved it!!



Ladies from our ward who attended! I can hardly wait for next year!!!

4 comments:

Glenna & Kevin said...

Have you ever attended Time out for Women? I heard that it is incredible as well. The church doesn't put it on, but endorses it. They do sell church books at the event, I really want to go sometime.

Suzie said...

Sounds like a great uplifting week at your house!

Torrie said...

sounds fun, I have been to Time OUt for Women but it annoyed me as Desert Book was putting it on so I felt like they using their power of the spirit to push me to buy their products, still it was awesome, I have always wanted to do women's conference,

Tiphaine Brewer said...

Glad u had fun! I am going 2 Time out 4 Women in Sept in Boise...wanna join me?