Call it a clan, call it a network, call it a tribe, call it a family.
Whatever you call it, whoever you are, you need one....Jane Howard
"Your most important friendships should be with your own brothers and sisters and with your father and mother. Love your family. Be loyal to them. Have a genuine concern for your brothers and sisters. Help carry their load so you can say, like the lyrics of that song, 'He ain't heavy; he's my brother.' " Ezra Taft Benson

Monday, June 15, 2009

The new back yard addition....continued!!!


I went with Kevin last week to a turkey farm to get some turkey poop for the planters he has made in the backyard! I watched, and snapped pictures of him as he filled his little truck. He said we needed it in the planter boxes for the blueberries he wants to plant. Come to find out blueberries take a lot of work and you get very little from having them. So we now have tomatoes, butternut squash and banana squash (no relation to the taste of bananas), growing in the backyard along with his blackberries. Next year I think we will plant more blackberries so I can get a really big crop of them to make some yummy jam or pie filling!!

4 comments:

Glenna & Kevin said...

We have blackberries up the wazzu!!! They are growing all around my property!!! Be very careful, they grow like a weed!!!

Torrie said...

turkey poop ohhhhh we are still trying to find all of our garden which is still swimming and has not quite all come back up for air, I hope they do at some point

Suzie said...

That picture is almost scary! It looks like Kev is throwing the turkey doo right at the camera! Good luck with your garden...sounds really YUMMY!

jessica said...

So how much is turkey poo going for these days...and is there something special about it over ...hmmm let's say cow, chicken or horse?! Just kidding. I just couldn't resist. Really, we just think you should move down here and be our neighbors since I bought a pint of blueberries for 88 cents today:)