I have been told to catch up on my blog.....I am not so good at uploading pictures...I need to learn and then remember how to do it!!
February brought us Audrey turning 16!!! Can you believe it....my little girl is old enough to date and old enough to get her license (she still needs a few hours before she has her 40 hours required to get her license). Audrey had a fun party filled with fun and friends and a lot of laughter!!! Only a week later she had her first date!!!! The lady I work with in the nursery has a 16 year old son and we set them up....okay so they have been friends since we moved here, but still!!!! They went on a double date to Red Robin (chicken bruschetta is a fabulous choice). After roaming the mall, taking fun pictures and then getting some yummy ice cream she arrived back home......I might I say with all smiles!!!!! Oh she had such a great time. I also heard from her dates mom that he had such a good time he so wants to do it again!!!
February was a big month for Audrey. She also competed in the regional competition for a violin solo.......she is now headed to STATE!!! Great job!!!! She competes April 24th against the best in the state. Okay so I really don't like competition, but this is something that she loves doing, you know, therapy kind of.....when she is stressed or bummed or whatever, she pulls out her violin and plays!!!
ALSO......Audrey applied for the opportunity to go to HOBY (hugh o'brian youth leadership) conference. The school sends 2 sophomores every year. You have to write an essay, fill out an application and then the committee talks to your teachers......WAY TO GO she was chosen to attend. It is in May for a couple of days at Aspen Grove, which is by Sundance. She is so excited!!!!!!
Okay.....so now, Audrey has also been asked to Prom. It is the end of the month. The boy that asked her is a junior and he is in a couple of her classes. Very nice boy I am told..... Audrey was called down to the counselors office where she proceeded to pop balloons that were on a wall. They had different saying in them as well as glitter and confetti.....POP, BANG, etc. Until she found the question asking her to go to Prom......Audrey answered him by send our Highway Patrol friend to the school with a warrant for him. It listed a lot of things he had to do.....treat her with respect, make sure she is home on time so we don't have to use the guns we just cleaned, make sure she has a great time....and so on.... At the bottom it said something of the sort....Audrey would love to be "caught" going to prom with you. The teacher got a hold of it and read it to the class. Audrey was also nominated to be in the sophomore prom royalty. She was in the top 20 now the top 5 and the students vote again for the top 3. We'll see where she ends up. She says she doesn't care if she is not in the top 3, because here it is her first date dance and she is just excited to go to prom!!!!!
WOW....see it was a huge month for Audrey!!!!
Kassidy is still plugging along at BYU, very anxious to be finished with the semester. She has been volunteering for her major, trying to get her arms around what her life will be like for the next few years!! She also signed a contract for spring/summer and fall/winter semesters. So she will be moving out of the dorms into apartments at the end of the semester. She is excited about this change and excited for the break. She has been going to school since the beginning of her senior year. She plans on getting a job......smart plan!!!
At the end of winter term, Kassidy is flying to Washington with one of her roommates to be there for just over a week. She is so excited for this trip......oh the fun times of college life!!!!!!!
Kassidy also had Audrey over to her place in February for a sisters weekend.....the fun they had!!!
Zachary is just about finished with the paperwork for his eagle. It has been reviewed once and needs some minor changes....then off to reviews again!!! What an accomplishment this will be when all is said and done!!! Zach loves the Percy Jackson movie the Lightening Thief......he loves mythology and the stories behind all of the Greek Gods. Zach is still writing his stories....I think it is therapeutic for him!
Emily is loving life and counting down days until she is a double digit!!!! The warm days find her outside playing and enjoying her vitamin D.
Emily's teacher paid her such a sweet compliment this week. She said Emily has been a best friend to a student in her class that has a learning disability, a big one. (At the beginning of the semester she was asked to be her peer tutor). The teacher said that Emily has gone beyond and she has a special place in the friends heart and a special place in her teachers heart. She said a lot more than this, but it was so sweet and kind and it did my heart and Emily's heart good to hear it!!
I had some skin cancer removed from beside my nose at the beginning of the month. Doctor was happy to get it all out and says I will probably get more....nice thought don't you think!!! He is pleased with how it all went though!!!!
Kevin and I are planning a work trip to China for the beginning of May. We are excited to go and hope our visas come back with no problems!!!
Okay....so that is about all we have to say......I know a huge month for Audrey and the rest of us were just kind of in the background, but that is just how it goes some days!!!!!
Until next update!!
Call it a clan, call it a network, call it a tribe, call it a family.
Whatever you call it, whoever you are, you need one....Jane Howard
Whatever you call it, whoever you are, you need one....Jane Howard
"Your most important friendships should be with your own brothers and sisters and with your father and mother. Love your family. Be loyal to them. Have a genuine concern for your brothers and sisters. Help carry their load so you can say, like the lyrics of that song, 'He ain't heavy; he's my brother.' " Ezra Taft Benson
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
I'm so glad you are all doing well. Kim, I'm glad the doctor got everything...scary!
Have you bought a thicker door yet? Those boys are going to be busting it down...then again, maybe they already have.
Holy Mole I cant believe this all! Scary about the cancer I hope hope hope it doesnt come bakc at all! And China!!! wow! that is really exciting I cant wait to see pix and post all about it. sounds like the kids are happy and loving life, they are such good kids. and thanks for the recipes by the way! Im loving them!
Post a Comment