I love going and so this time my BFF and I took our girls!!
For the past two shows I have won something.....this night was no different. I got a really cool tote for yelling so loud then my name was drawn for a lia sophia necklace!!!! I shared the wealth with the girls and they were happy to get the prizes!!

Lucky us we were on the front row!!!!

Way to go, Zach....he was finally awarded his last two merit badges he needed to be finished with his eagle scout requirements.....He has everything turned in and we are still awaiting word from the board so he can have his review!!

Audrey only needs three things done to be finished with her YW medallion. She has worked hard and as soon as seminary is over she will be finished!
Now for our spring break activities
Most everyone knows I like to go.....places.....I love going on trips, vacations, get aways, whatever you want to call them!!
Well Kevin had to teach during our spring break this year and I was beside myself!!!!! So instead of sulking and wishing I was elsewhere I decided to make a fun week for the kids and friends.....
Enjoy our week as you read all about it!~
On Saturday we colored the eggs....always so fun and so many to eat after!!!
Here is our lunch creation!!

Hot dogs cut in fourths with dried spaghetti noodles poked through them.....Cook and add your cheese sauce!! The kids had a fun time making creations......animals, people, you get the point!!

Our annual Easter Egg hunt!!!! We had 45 kids this year (lots of people gone because of our spring break)......Both yards are filled with eggs.....Each kid walked away with 40 eggs and a bag of candy!!! (I love candy!!)

Audrey jumped to get the eggs with chocolate in them!!

Of coarse we had to have Kassidy come home for the festivites.....she brought along her roommate and BFF.

You know there is no age limit.....okay so once you are married you can't participate....other then that....kids love candy!!

Emily and her BFF hid eggs in the birds nest. They wanted to make sure they got the stretchy animals that were in the eggs.

Puzzle time. I think all week we had puzzles up so when there was down time the kids (and adults) could work on them....We completed 3 puzzles!!

While the men went to Priesthood session the girls had a spa night!!! Foot scrub, massage and lotion.....We also did face scrubs!!

We played a game with nail polish. Everyone took a turn answering a question. If you agreed with what they said (favorite color, favorite nursery rhyme etc) then they painted your toenail their polish color...if you disagree then you get it painted the color that is set aside for disagreeing. It was a lot of fun!!
We had a yummy turkey dinner after conference on Sunday.....then we played games until Kevin and I headed to a fireside on the church in China...

Monday brought rainy weather and so we scheduled that day as a movie marathon day. Cotton Candy machine was brought out and movies were watched!!

There is nothing like dancing in the rain!!!!

We made stepping stones. Kevin got us post mix and I bought glass rocks and pie tins and away we created!!!

All of the kids made one for themselves and one for the family and one for their moms.

Collages were next.....Okay so the kids were skeptical about them, that is until they got started. Magazines and paper galore were all over my ocean room. It was fun to see what they put on them. Audrey did not have a white piece left on her board....She put words and pictures that described her and what she likes.
Zach did the same as well as Emily. It is fun to see what they cut out to glue on. Emily put "cutie" oranges on hers, Zach had camping stuff and food, Audrey had the ocean on hers.

The kids made cream cheese mints.....oh yummyyyyy!!!

Here is the gang we spent the week with....the Miller's and Ballamis'. We ate dinner together every night!!

On Wednesday we went to the Bean Museum to check out the new displays......Elephant was huge!!!


We stopped by Kevin's work for a picnic before we headed over to the $ show......

Thursday we did the photo alphabet. We went around town looking for the abc's in different shapes.....guess what this one is!!

Of coarse we had to do the human alphabet next.....sometimes the kids' bodies did not want to bend the right way.....what letter is this?

Okay....so later this year we are planning a trip to So. Cali.... So the kids made autograph books.

On friday we did YUDU shirts. My mom bought this machine and had it shipped to my house so we could see how it works.......I found a cute design on-line....actually a coloring page.....

Here is the result......We are going to have disney shirts all of the days we are on vacation so we had to try it out.....and it worked!!!!!

I know crazy activity but when we were planning the week I had all of the kids tell me what they wanted to do......Soap carving was on the list.....Here is Zach's creation of a turtle!

A game the kids made up.....Pudding Fling. Everyone has a bowl of pudding.....One person draws a piece of paper out of the bowl and announces the category (body part, food, sport, color etc). If you guess the wrong thing you get pudding coming at you!!!!

Oh it was fun to watch!!

They had a lot of fun....in the face, in the hair on their clothes!!

Then they got in a pudding fight!!!!!

After they were finished they ran around the block!!!
That night (Friday) the kids had a campout in the tent at the Ballamis'. They had food, games and a fire pit!!! So much fun.....until 3 in the morning!!!

Saturday afternoon we took the kids to the indoor pool. What a fun activity!!!
Saturday night we had my favorite pizza....Pizza Hut Pan pizza.......what a great way to finish off our busy week!!!!!!


2 comments:
What a fun week! What an awesome machine your mom shipped off to you! & do you own a cotton candy machine? That's awesome! You have all the good stuff for a fun week at home!
SO much fun, so much done. Did I sense a Disneyland trip?!...So. Cal?! And those hot dogs, I have never even thought about thought...awesome!
Post a Comment