We had a great time watching Tarzan at Tuacahn in St George on Wednesday. It was so good, the cast, the music and the weather! It is the Tarzan's national debut outside of broadway and we were not disappointed!! It was a quick trip, but so worth it. My parents joined us on their way back to Arizona.....can't wait to go again!! I love summer time!!
I am not sure I have done my children a favor though. It seems they are unaware that not everyone has the summer off from work. They do not remember when Kevin worked a job and only had 2 weeks of vacation a year. We would have to decide on how to use it and make it last for all of the fun things we wanted to do. That was when our vacations existed of only going to visit family, that is how we got to see them.
Now, with Kevin having the summer term off for 9 years we have been able to do more things. Kassidy has a job and isn't able to join us for our adventures....hard lesson to learn, having a job and starting at the bottom of the totem pole. I have pondered this thought....am I building memories with my children for their sake or mine....am I teaching them that summer time is for play and adventure or should it be for working and sitting around......there must be a happy medium to this. But for now, I love to plan and I love to go and I love to take my kids and do things with them to make fabulous memories. They have the rest of their lives to work and be grown ups.....they do odds and ends jobs and earn money for the things they want to do, so why not enjoy them while I still have them at home.....yippeee for our summer!!!
Already this summer Audrey and Zachary have attended EFY in Provo and will be going to girls and scout camp mid month.....What a fun start to summer!
Call it a clan, call it a network, call it a tribe, call it a family.
Whatever you call it, whoever you are, you need one....Jane Howard
Whatever you call it, whoever you are, you need one....Jane Howard
"Your most important friendships should be with your own brothers and sisters and with your father and mother. Love your family. Be loyal to them. Have a genuine concern for your brothers and sisters. Help carry their load so you can say, like the lyrics of that song, 'He ain't heavy; he's my brother.' " Ezra Taft Benson
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment