Call it a clan, call it a network, call it a tribe, call it a family.
Whatever you call it, whoever you are, you need one....Jane Howard
"Your most important friendships should be with your own brothers and sisters and with your father and mother. Love your family. Be loyal to them. Have a genuine concern for your brothers and sisters. Help carry their load so you can say, like the lyrics of that song, 'He ain't heavy; he's my brother.' " Ezra Taft Benson

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Is it so.....

Okay, it has been like forever since I have updated my blog.....
My life has just been going and going and going......
I wish I had some grand announcement to make but lo I have none.....
Once in a while I update on facebook but I am not so good on that either....
So now as I look back over my summer I just can't believe all of the fun things I have done with my family are over.....

June brought EFY, girls camp, boys camp....and our 20th wedding anniversary!!

We went 4-wheeling with our neighbors for 3 days.....we put on 240 miles on the machines and we had a great time doing it!! We did some of the Piute trail...way up, way down, across streams, over rocks, through the rain and loving it all!!!!






July brought a big family reunion in Idaho with many of Kevin's cousins.....MANY of them. We figure there was around 130 of us there. So much fun we had and lots of good food to eat.







I ran home to Arizona with my sister, Denise a few days after getting back from the reunion. My dad had a pace maker put in.....just in time, literally. We enjoyed a few days visiting and organizing!!!! So glad I went....


Our new addition to the backyard...it was a neighborhood project to put together!



Mid July we headed up to Meridian Idaho. Kevin had a conference he needed to be at.....so off we went for a few day! We had a lot of fun, we watched a movie in the park, went to the zoo, went 4- wheeling, and had a lot of good food!! Next we headed off to Oregon for our family vacation!!!
Denise and her family joined us for a much anticipated time!!

The hike to Multnomah Falls was up hill.....1.2 miles.....we weren't exactly planning on going the whole way up, but so happy to do it!!!

Portland was fun, we did the zoo there, the Powell's book store and had a fabulous lunch at an Italian sandwich shop.....oh yummy!!!!
Oregon......oh the beach.....we had the best time going to the coast and watching the waves roll in.....How I love the ocean. One of my favorite vacations!! So many fun places we saw!!









We also went to the giant redwoods......wow!!!! Huge trees!!!! What a great time we had hiking around the giants!!



We headed to San Francisco to show the kids a few places.....china town, ghiradelli square, the wharf.....

Jelly Belly factory!!! Yippeeee......took the kids on the tour, just to appease their mom!!!

We rounded our trip off by going to Bakersfield to see Kevin's brother, then homeward we went! Our trip was Just over 2 weeks......

September was a memorable month, Zach's diabetes walk and I am proud to say his Eagle Court of Honor!!! Way to go son!!!!!!



Kevin and I spent a day hiking for my birthday......He took the day off, just to be with me!!!!

October, Disneyland here we come!!!!! Oh how I love going!!! Some of my funnest times growing up were spent at disneyland.....the trips and the memories!!!! I told Kevin I am not waiting 2 1/2 years to go again!!!! We had such a great time with my parents and some friends!!!






For Thanksgiving we headed into a blizzard to make it to Meridian Idaho to be with my family!! Happy day we made it safe. Everyday we had a fun activity to do....
Deal or No Deal --a fabulously fun game of prizes and excitement----
Bunco----- or a fun roll of the dice game with lots of prizes----
The all time famous treasure hunt---- thanks grandma for the bags full of goodies!!








The kids had a snow day....first one since living here....in fact no one can remember ever having a snow day!!!



December brought about a lot of cold!!! We did have a great time going to San Diego for Christmas break......a little warmer then Utah--- we love the beach, the Mormon Battalion museum and swimming!!!

This brings us back to the new year where I am so hoping to be better at blogging!!!

2 comments:

jessica said...

We wish you could have been here this week instead. The weather is back to being nice and warm again!

jessica said...

And I'm so glad that Zach got a picture with Ariel...in her wedding dress no less:)