Kevin and Zach went on a scout camp out last weekend. Zach earned his pioneer merit badge.
As of monday I am no longer babysitting. It was a sad good bye. Annie didn't want to leave. When her mom was holding her, she reached for me and didn't want to go back to her mom.
I cried, all of the kids did (well Zach was gone to the camp out already when they left).
We have just grown to love those kids so much. Kevin on the other hand was glad I was finished.
We have enrolled in the summer program at the library. Hopefully it will keep the kids busy and remind them to read!! They have incentives to do it so we will have to see how it goes!!
Yesterday we spent the day in SLC. Zach had an appointment at the endocrinologist and so we all went. The doctor is so pleased with how Zach is handling his diabetes! His HbA1C was 7.1!!!! Yippeeee!!!!!!! That is such good control for a type 1 diabetic!! His doctor is incredible and cares so much about his patience!!!
We then all went to Temple Square and watched the Joseph Smith movie. The older girls have seen it, but the rest of us had not!! We loved it. It was so good!!
We went to the church museum also. Audrey loves museum and thought we were moving way too fast for her!!
Anyhow, that is the start of our first week of summer!!!!
Call it a clan, call it a network, call it a tribe, call it a family.
Whatever you call it, whoever you are, you need one....Jane Howard
Whatever you call it, whoever you are, you need one....Jane Howard
"Your most important friendships should be with your own brothers and sisters and with your father and mother. Love your family. Be loyal to them. Have a genuine concern for your brothers and sisters. Help carry their load so you can say, like the lyrics of that song, 'He ain't heavy; he's my brother.' " Ezra Taft Benson
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
What great numbers zach, yeah!!! Sydney loves the museum too, that is cute about Audrey. What a fun trip to SLC.
Kassi: I for one can not wait for the first week to be over... I want the vacations to start! But the day in SLC was fun.
You should have called me, I could have used a break for a while! My kids love the church museum.
what are your other plans for the summer?
Sorry, Suzie, I honestly did not even think of that..... Emily walked into the Child of God area and looked around and walked right out. I think she thought it was too young for her...I don't know...
As for other plans...stay tuned, they continue on Saturday!!
Hehe... the laurel's class went to the church history museum and we loved the Child of God Museum, we took loads of pictures and built a temple... :)
Post a Comment