
This past week was red-ribbon week at Emily's school. The kids pledge to stay drug/alcohol and violence free. On Monday morning a hot air balloon was launched from her school. The kids watched it inflate and take off. This picture was taken from my front yard. The balloon floated right over me and I was even talking to the pilot of the balloon....he was that low!!

Day 2 of red-ribbon week was crazy hair day. This is Em (on the right) and her best friend Jolene. The whole week was filled with fun themed days for the kids!
I wish I had a picture of Audrey and Zach's show choir concert, but I only took a video of it. They did great......
They performed at the beginning and at the end.... It is fun to watch the kids do something they work so hard for.

On Thursday night I had to be at a dinner with Kevin up on campus. He was in charge of the alumni dinner and program......Ssoooooo Kassidy accompanied Emily to the "walk the red carpet" mom and daughter activity. They had a great time as their pictures were taken by the paparazzi, they had hand prints together, the food was yummy and on and on...... I am so glad Emily has a sister to make such great memories with (before she heads to college next year!)

There was no school on Friday so Em's Halloween party was in the day. She is the southern belle in the back!

The party was a great success..... as the kids would get a bingo I would pass out frankenstein clappers. Whenever anyone got a bingo everyone would rattle their clappers....

This game is one of the kids favorites. We put candy on a plastic tablecloth and have the kids throw rings onto the tablecloth. Any candy that is in the ring or touching the ring the kids get....They have 3 rings per turn, and if it doesn't land on the tablecloth they get to throw it again until it does. The kids all took 4 different turns.....lots of candy they got!

After getting her hair wet, Emily tried for the apple again!!! She got 2!
Isn't it great to have friends to invite to parties!!!

Audrey had her party on Friday night. Grandma Nelson made her Belle dress and mailed it to Audrey. She loves her dress!!!! She bought pretty shoes to go with it and she just looked so beautiful for her party. I have no pictures of the party....I guess they were having such a good time they just forgot to take them. Audrey had 19 kids (including herself) over. They had a lot of food, played games and laughed. The party ended at 9:30, oh wait, it was suppose to end at 9:30, the last guests left at 11:40!!!! Yes, they had a great time.....boys and girls!!!

Zach came home from school with an uncompleted pillowcase......He brought home the pieces and a bobbin, hoping mom had a sewing machine!!!! I had to take a picture of my son sewing! Kevin told Zach that he has never used a sewing machine before.
When Zach stood up I turned to Kevin and told him Zach couldn't be taller then me....so we both took our shoes off and stood as Kevin said "butt to butt"......Kevin announced that Zach was 1/4-1/2 inch taller then I. Zach then said, "Look what puberty has done to me!" I can't believe my little boy is taller then me!!!!!

On Saturday we had to do a family project for one of Zach's merit badges....He voted for picking up trash along the trail behind our house. We spent just over an hour cleaning up!

Zach and Damaris......they are good friends........
Saturday night we had our ward fall festival or Halloween party that I was in charge of. It was a great success with a fabulous turn out and a lot of yummy food and fun treats for the kids.....
So you see, once again a fun filled week....gotta love it!!
Coming up this week would be Zach and Kassidy's Halloween parties....stay tuned!


3 comments:
Man you guys stay so busy! That pic of Em & Kass going to Em's church thingy, Emily looks sooo grown up! And you let each of your kids have a Halloween party??? You're a great mom & no wonder you're not "bored" with all those kids in school!
can I have your mom for a grandma, that dress is awesome, what a great seamstress she is. Halloween fun, how would I know you all have bunches of fun planned, wish we lived closer.
Never a dull moment at the Millers. Audrey, I love the dress. Belle is my favorite princess hands down... Zach, the sewing machine fits you well. I'm impressed you can sew a pillowcase.
Kim, I think Zach hitting puberty is shrinking you. What an odd side effect;)
Post a Comment