We started our journey by leaving after school on tuesday and staying in Primm, NV at a casino...Got our rooms for less then $6 each....
On Wednesday, our neighbors, Strebels, and us headed to La Jolla, Ca to check out the sea lions at the beach....

Here is the gang of kids, our 4 and the neighbors 3!

Have I ever mentioned that I LOVE the ocean!!!

My two older girls....I can't believe Kass is headed for her University days in only 2 months!!

The sea lions were sprawled all over the beach....it was fun to watch them come in and out and then there were the ones that just laid around!!!

We headed over to the beach side where the kids could actually enjoy the water!!
Does it look like she is enjoying the wave that caught her!!
Did I mention it was so windy, yet I still loved it!!

Love the beach!!!

Just waiting for the wave to catch them...and it did!!



We next headed over to Old Town San Diego!


Gotta love a hotel with a heated pool!!!

Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday to you,
Happy 9th Birthday!!!

Our first day at Sea World....I remember the days when Zach would carry a map and point to where he wanted to go......he still studies the map!!

Emily and Max, her best buddy on the trip!


Waiting for the Shamu show to start.....the gang is all here, including my parents!!
This is where Audrey got her knees burnt!



Emily and Max held hands while walking from one thing to another.....


Just before the night show for Shamu started, the kids were all on the big Jumbo Tron. They were so excited!!!

We went to the Wild Animal Park on Friday!
Just where my kids belong!!

On the tram ride through the safari!!


Lions!



Zach knew exactly what this was called....it must be all of the animal books he reads!

Zach had a quarter in his fanny pack and wanted to look through the telescope at all of the animals that were far off.

Oh yes., the Lorikeet feeding time. Grandma bought nectar for the kids to feed the lorikeets.....


One of them loved Audrey's hair, it was first pecking and searching in her hair, then as Audrey moved her head back, it was just move instead of flying off!!






We all headed to Seaport Village to go on the Seal tour. This contraption goes on land then on sea. Kevin and I went on the duck on in Alaska.



In the harbor we saw more sea lions and seals!

Saturday my parents headed home and the rest of us headed to Sea World.
We met up with the Blattman's, the kids I babysat last year...
Seriously, Annie remembered me. She gave me the biggest hug!! Sweet kids!

Audrey and Annie


Lunch time out at the van!!


Just before the Blattman's left....


Good-bye Hudson...

We ate at the Ship Wreck Rapids Cafe and we had some yummy burgers!!!
Plus, since I had a year pass the food was all 30% off after 4!!

The kids went on the ship wreck ride....all in rain coats!!

What a great vacation we had!!!!!!
Like I said, we bought a memory!!!


3 comments:
That looks like so much fun! I love those lorikets, I've never seen those, very pretty
We're glad we could be part of it! What a fantastic vacation!
love San Diego, i hope it was warmer for you then it was for us last month, did the bird seriously poke around in Audrey's hair....i'm telling you it is a good thing she still has her eyes you have to watch those things first hair then next they go for your eyes!
Post a Comment