Call it a clan, call it a network, call it a tribe, call it a family.
Whatever you call it, whoever you are, you need one....Jane Howard
"Your most important friendships should be with your own brothers and sisters and with your father and mother. Love your family. Be loyal to them. Have a genuine concern for your brothers and sisters. Help carry their load so you can say, like the lyrics of that song, 'He ain't heavy; he's my brother.' " Ezra Taft Benson

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

The day has arrived......

I really wanted the back yard to be picked up.....not stuff strewn every which way so everyone and their dog (literally) could see the mess and the things we have in the yard.....




The fence came down......
I am still not so sure about it. Kevin has been waiting almost 3 years to take it down. He thinks his hedges are tall enough....




He put wire up for the grapes to grown through (the fence was supporting the vine).....


He has a planter box of blackberries and one of the stipulations of the whole fence being down was for him to make more planter boxes for more berries so I can actually do something with them. Also, it puts up more of a visual barrier....



Now for the pile of rocks in the back.....he was wanting to do a fountain....don't really think that will happen so now like I wrote previously....a planter box will go there...



All of the kids helped with throwing the rocks in the creek behind our house.....
This is going to take several days of rock throwing!!















The pathway into the back for the trail behind our house. Kevin has now put up a 3' gate to help people know that it is not a public playground.... We have seen people go behind the hedges to the yard.....so I know this won't keep everyone out....just a sign to let them know that they are now approaching our yard and to STAY OUT!!


So you can see where the fence once was, and all the work that will now have to be put in to get Kevin's playground in functioning order.... He is very excited. He is saving the fence for now because he knows come fall and winter I am going to have anxiety over the fact that everyone that walks on the trail can see into my back yard. It doesn't matter that half the houses on the trail have never had a fence put up........


I also think Kevin should plant more grapes between the posts.....He wants to take the posts down but he is being patient with his wife and her hesitancy......

2 comments:

jessica said...

You have some fun rearranging going on!!

Tiphaine Brewer said...

Jaxson is a little sad you are taking down the rock pile he helped build..."Can they wait for me to help throw them in the water?" Can you wait that long? I didn't think so! Looks good, though!