Call it a clan, call it a network, call it a tribe, call it a family.
Whatever you call it, whoever you are, you need one....Jane Howard
"Your most important friendships should be with your own brothers and sisters and with your father and mother. Love your family. Be loyal to them. Have a genuine concern for your brothers and sisters. Help carry their load so you can say, like the lyrics of that song, 'He ain't heavy; he's my brother.' " Ezra Taft Benson

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Spring has sprung....

You know spring has arrived when it is time to get the hummingbird feeders out....
We love to watch them come and get drinks..




We had a nest out our back door on the rain gutter where a momma robin laid 4 eggs. We have been watching her and yesterday Audrey said she saw the momma bring a worm so she was sure the eggs had hatched.....Well at least 3 have. It is spring time!!!









Our lilacs are in full bloom. I love the smell of lilacs when the wind in blowing and carrying the scents through our bedroom window...



Flowers spring up in the oddest places....



Gnomes are a welcome sight in the flower beds....
I love the spring!!



I am so excited for my peonies to bloom. I was once told that ants have to eat something off of the peony buds before they can bloom. Every year I see the ants crawling all over the buds...



I love when the spring time brings my candy tuft and bleeding hearts flowers to bloom....



Yes, I do love spring time. How can we not love the color after the winter of white!!

2 comments:

Suzie said...

Pretty, pretty pics! We've already seen a few humming birds at our house. I love it!

Tiphaine Brewer said...

We had a birds nest out our back door and the baby fell out onto the sidewalk and died...at Cayson's bday party...the boys thought it was kinda cool (sick, I know!) but the girls cried! I do have to agree that all the colors are a TON better that white!