Call it a clan, call it a network, call it a tribe, call it a family. Whatever you call it, whoever you are, you need one....Jane Howard
"Your most important friendships should be with your own brothers and sisters and with your father and mother. Love your family. Be loyal to them. Have a genuine concern for your brothers and sisters. Help carry their load so you can say, like the lyrics of that song, 'He ain't heavy; he's my brother.' " Ezra Taft Benson
Tuesday, April 8, 2008
Eufaula, Alabama
I loved this day!! Well, it would have been perfect if Kevin was with me, but once again he was stuck in meetings while I was able to fulfill one of my dreams........to see a plantation home in the South. In fact, I was able to see numerous ones. Seeing the movie, Gone with the wind, put the thought into my ever increasing "wish to see or do" list. The homes were beautiful, restored to their time period. Most of the out buildings were destroyed by the union,or tornadoes, but most of the houses were saved. It was a great day!
I can't beleive they schedule all these things for the wives of the group while husbands are at meetings. that looks so awesome, glad you had a fun time
Generally speaking, the most miserable people I know are those who are obsessed with themselves; the happiest people I know are those who lose themselves in the service of others. By and large, I have come to see that if we complain about life, it is because we are thinking only of ourselves---Gordon B Hinckley
1 comment:
I can't beleive they schedule all these things for the wives of the group while husbands are at meetings. that looks so awesome, glad you had a fun time
Post a Comment