Call it a clan, call it a network, call it a tribe, call it a family.
Whatever you call it, whoever you are, you need one....Jane Howard
"Your most important friendships should be with your own brothers and sisters and with your father and mother. Love your family. Be loyal to them. Have a genuine concern for your brothers and sisters. Help carry their load so you can say, like the lyrics of that song, 'He ain't heavy; he's my brother.' " Ezra Taft Benson

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

April Fool's Day


Okay, so the kids love getting into this "holiday" as they seem to think it is!!! Well, not so much my son, his sisters love to gang up on him during this "holiday". Anyhow, the kids had us leave last night so they could get ready for today.......we were gone a couple of hours and had a great time doing some grocery shopping!
Now, since our oldest does not think her mom is funny or fun for that matter....yes a typical teenager....I thought I would try to do something small to her. So, last night I called the neighbor and asked if I could park my daughter's car over at their house. From the front of our house you can't see their garage door. So this morning I am waiting to get in the shower before she leaves at 6:40 so I can "hear" her reaction. She comes up the stairs, yells, "bye mom"...I in turn yell back, "bye K I love you, have a good day". I am laying in bed laughing. I had my hubby come back in the bedroom to hear her reaction. Okay, she comes flying back in the house...."where's my car?!!! I now need a sticky note excusing me for being late for seminary" She comes into our room and we are laughing. Even the youngest child is in there and my son is awake in his room listening. She says something to the effect of.....okay so I have to admit that was good, but let me tell you about my morning. I couldn't find my deodorant, my make-up and now my car is gone! I need a sticky note. I am laughing at her and told her to go get a sticky note I would excuse her. So I put on the note something like this.....K is late because she couldn't find her deodorant, her make-up or her car!! It's a great Aprils fool's day and then I signed my name. Her seminary teacher is friends of ours so he will love it..... Anyhow, she walked back outside and her little sister looked down next door and said, "I can't see it" So K walks out further and goes to her car. My two daughters left at home and I are watching out the window. Pretty soon she drives into our driveway, comes in the house and announces she forgot her purse!!! I tell you it was just funny!

4 comments:

Suzie said...

That is so funny. So have they fooled you yet?

Kassi said...

alright... let me set something straight... she said in the note that I misplaced the items... not couldn't find, she blamed it on me. Her bathroom was toiletpapered and silly string is in there and we glitterfied everyone.

Audrey said...

AND.... They hid my Belle (My violin) the poor baby was terrified under my mom's bed. It was a whole day full of tricks!

Glenna & Kevin said...

Good One Kim!