I took the kids down to the park last night to check this out. Every year it is held and every year we do not go! So since Kevin was on his way home from Baltimore I figured it would help pass the time. Not too much was going on, however, they did have dancers doing a Scottish jig or what ever you call it. There was some clogging and some high kicks. The talent was definitely there. The bagpipes and drum competitions are going on today but our day is filled so we won't be making it over again. Although, while we were there we were able to look up our last name to see if we belonged to a clan. Miller was listed as well as Nelson. For $20 they would print off your family crest and history of your clan. The lady asked if we came from Germany or Scotland or England. I guess those last names come from all of the countries...I think we may have all but I am just not sure!?
Call it a clan, call it a network, call it a tribe, call it a family.
Whatever you call it, whoever you are, you need one....Jane Howard
Whatever you call it, whoever you are, you need one....Jane Howard
"Your most important friendships should be with your own brothers and sisters and with your father and mother. Love your family. Be loyal to them. Have a genuine concern for your brothers and sisters. Help carry their load so you can say, like the lyrics of that song, 'He ain't heavy; he's my brother.' " Ezra Taft Benson
Saturday, July 12, 2008
Scottish Festival
I took the kids down to the park last night to check this out. Every year it is held and every year we do not go! So since Kevin was on his way home from Baltimore I figured it would help pass the time. Not too much was going on, however, they did have dancers doing a Scottish jig or what ever you call it. There was some clogging and some high kicks. The talent was definitely there. The bagpipes and drum competitions are going on today but our day is filled so we won't be making it over again. Although, while we were there we were able to look up our last name to see if we belonged to a clan. Miller was listed as well as Nelson. For $20 they would print off your family crest and history of your clan. The lady asked if we came from Germany or Scotland or England. I guess those last names come from all of the countries...I think we may have all but I am just not sure!?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment