Call it a clan, call it a network, call it a tribe, call it a family.
Whatever you call it, whoever you are, you need one....Jane Howard
"Your most important friendships should be with your own brothers and sisters and with your father and mother. Love your family. Be loyal to them. Have a genuine concern for your brothers and sisters. Help carry their load so you can say, like the lyrics of that song, 'He ain't heavy; he's my brother.' " Ezra Taft Benson

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Do you love your neighbor??

Zumba....heard of that??? Well Emily and I attended a class on it for her activity days. Let me tell you of the work out I got. It is dancing with a major twist....lots of hip movements and hip hop. Yep, I did it...all but one song that I just couldn't get, but I rocked on the chacha and I had serious hip movement on the samba.....Emily was so cute with the other girls who were bopping around......fun times with Emily.....


Tonight was YW/YM combined activity. So the three older kids and Kevin were in attendance. They played a couple of games, but one imparticular had me laughing. Do you love your neighbor? Everyone is seating in a circle in a chair for each of them. There is one person in the middle who asks someone....do you love your neighbor? If he/she says no but I love.......blah blah blah then everyone with that trait has to jump up and move and the person who doesn't have a seat is then in the middle. WEEELLLL...someone asks Zach if he loves his neighbor and he says no he loves his female neighbors so all the girls had to jump up......this is what had me laughing...Zach, do you love your neighbor??? no, but I love anyone who is not a homosexual. Okay, so there was laughter, so I am told.....but Kassidy told Zach that that was not church appropriate. Thing is, on friday I had just lectured the kids and some neighbor kids that we do not call people...gay, lesbians, or homos and I explained why. They were playing a game and it had come up so I had to address it.....guess it made an impression on my son!!!

3 comments:

Glenna & Kevin said...

My ward twice a week gets together and does a zumba class. Unfortunately with my bad knees I am unable to participate. A lady in my ward is a certified zumba instructor. She teaches at the "Y" and twice a week for RS. I hear it can get pretty risque (sp) but people seem to be losing weight with it!

Ti'ana said...

OOOOOHHH i LOOOOOVVVVVEEEEE zumba I think its way better than plain old aerobics.

jessica said...

I have totally forgot about Do you Love your Neighbor. It was definitely a ward favorite with us as teens. I also know of the other game you are probably referring to. We call it partner tag, although it still could be taken the wrong way. Someone needs to be creative and give it a new name:) Oh the memories that have surfaced.