Call it a clan, call it a network, call it a tribe, call it a family.
Whatever you call it, whoever you are, you need one....Jane Howard
"Your most important friendships should be with your own brothers and sisters and with your father and mother. Love your family. Be loyal to them. Have a genuine concern for your brothers and sisters. Help carry their load so you can say, like the lyrics of that song, 'He ain't heavy; he's my brother.' " Ezra Taft Benson

Friday, March 20, 2009

I think it might be over.....

So for all of your wondering you may have, or if you have not heard.....
My wednesday to do list was abruptly interrupted by a phone call from Kevin. He was having back pain and wanted me to call and make an appointment for him to see the doctor.....fast forward....
The CT confirmed a kidney stone.....medication was ordered......Kevin could not keep it down or anything for that matter......I was called home from parent teacher conference to, actually he text me "home". So from there I was able to get him to see the after hours doctor.....well, actually it took Kevin a while to make it off of the floor in the waiting room to the doctors examining room. The doctor felt it was unprofessional to treat Kevin in the waiting room. Kevin was dry heaving and moaning very loudly of the pain he was having......the Demerol did not work and so the doctor admitted him into the hospital.....I have the best kids and neighbors, they were all troopers when I called them to action and ask for their help.....back to the hospital. After 4 doses of morphine the doctor ordered dilaudin (sp) and that finally killed the pain......his oxygen level kept dropping to 81-82 so then he had to be put on oxygen....I came home and had a restless sleep......thursday morning the pain was at a 0 then to a 4 so finally around 3 the pain was gone so he was able to come home. The stone was now located in his bladder. Okay, I know gross details....around 9 pm Kevin had a fever of 103.5 and it was finally down to 99 at around 1ish. Kevin finally passed the thorny stone and other bits......so now, today he has been resting most of the day and he is now in bed with a temperature of 100.1 ish.....oh I do hope this is over for him soon....he is having a bit of sore pain in the kidney area so who knows, it is nothing like before where he wanted a 22!!!! I told him I would have to up his life insurance first!!!! I hate to see him is such pain and helplessness, but I am hoping it will be over soon!!!

6 comments:

Suzie said...

That just sounds so horrible! I hope it's over for good!

Torrie said...

good thing you had the massage earlier in the week, you needed it, glad Kevin is feeling better

Glenna & Kevin said...

Your brother knows what Kevin went through. It is like giving birth to a freight train. he had to have surgery to remove his. diludin what a wonder full drug.

jessica said...

Ouch!! I know that doesn't do the experience justice at all, a nod if that. We just hope he gets to feeling like his normal, jestful self soon. Feel better, Kevin!

Kara said...

Hopefully all is better now!!

Tiphaine Brewer said...

For those of you who don't know, Kevin is my favorite person to listen to puking! I love ya, Kevin...I need to make it my ringtone!