Call it a clan, call it a network, call it a tribe, call it a family.
Whatever you call it, whoever you are, you need one....Jane Howard
"Your most important friendships should be with your own brothers and sisters and with your father and mother. Love your family. Be loyal to them. Have a genuine concern for your brothers and sisters. Help carry their load so you can say, like the lyrics of that song, 'He ain't heavy; he's my brother.' " Ezra Taft Benson

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

President Bush...

I have had mixed emotions with President Bush leaving office. I know he has not been the most favorite President to some, but he has done so much for our country. I love his love for his family, his country and for our God. He has such a great sense of humor and I love that. He is so down to earth. As I watched the Obama's go to the White house I thought it was great how Michelle gave Laura a gift, such respect I thought. No, they did not agree on everything, but to respect each other is something great. I got a bit sad when President Bush and Laura got on the helicopter to fly to Andrews airforce base to head to Texas. I thought how our country has gone through so much these past 8 years and how it aged George W, but he never gave up, even when a shoe was thrown at him he made a joke of it. Yep, I am going to miss President Bush for the man he is, but I am willing to give President Obama a chance.

1 comment:

Tiphaine Brewer said...

I hear ya, sis...he (Obama talks a good talk...but he's gonna have to prove himself to me)...I love the relationship that the Bush's have with their family as well...it was a bittersweet day for me yesterday...