Today I took Audrey back to the Dermatologist to have him look at her ever persistent warts. Let me back up. Several months ago I took Audrey in to get these warts taken off of the bottom of her foot. The doctor burned them first......nothing happened. Next he told us to use a special kind of band-aid called medi-plast.....didn't work. She even used duct tape. It was very hard to keep anything to stick to the bottom of her foot. Well, the beginning of December the doctor burned one of her warts and then put some magic medicine on the ones that were on the bottom of her toe. The doctor told her to apply this medicine in two weeks every day or so for 4ish weeks. Well as all of you know who came to our house for the new year's celebration.....Audrey had a bad reaction to the medicine. Her toes swelled up really bad with tiny blisters all over them. It was not just on the wart toe, it was on the three middle ones. Next came the popping of the blisters, the excruciating pain and so forth!! She would sit with ice on the foot because it hurt so bad...... We called the doctors office to see if this reaction was normal...the nurse told us it was, blisters and all. Okay, so then when Audrey got a rash on her face and neck then her stomach. I called the doctors office, it was the friday after New years day. He was not in the office but the secretary was able to get a hold of him and he called a prescription for the rash....okay so that cleared up....
Now onto today. When the doctor came in to see Audrey and looked at her foot he asked why we did not call when she had such a bad reaction. I told him we did and the nurse told us it was a normal reaction. He told us he was going to talk to his staff about such reactions not being normal.
Okay....so by this time Audrey is so tired of her persist wart (the one on the bottom of her foot, I believe it is called a planters wart). She told the doctor she just wants it gone, do whatever needs to be done to get rid of it!!! So off to the "surgery" room we go. The doctor then attacks it will freezing intermittent with burning it with a tool that looked like a tiny wood burning tool. I was watching this....let me tell you, seriously he burned her foot...there was even smoke arising and it did smell like burned flesh...ugh!! So here is hoping this current treatment works!!!!!
Call it a clan, call it a network, call it a tribe, call it a family.
Whatever you call it, whoever you are, you need one....Jane Howard
Whatever you call it, whoever you are, you need one....Jane Howard
"Your most important friendships should be with your own brothers and sisters and with your father and mother. Love your family. Be loyal to them. Have a genuine concern for your brothers and sisters. Help carry their load so you can say, like the lyrics of that song, 'He ain't heavy; he's my brother.' " Ezra Taft Benson
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
Audrey....ouch, I'm so sorry. That is miserable. I had the same sort of planter's wart and I had the whole burning and scraping out tool thing and it FINALLY went away years ago, I pray the same for you but to think we were blaming you for touching the medicene with your fingers, lol, poor girl.
Oh my goodness! That is so crazy! I hope it's gone for good!
Oh my gosh mom. I can't believe you blogged this . . .
I feel your pain Audrey, except mine was on my left index finger for 7 years. My mom was constantly taking me to the doctor for "burning" or other medical nonsense about every few weeks or so. You don't want to know about the medical bills. Duct tape was my final saving grace. It took a week and it was gone!!! I've head fingernail polish works well too, because it suffocates, then again location can be quite problematic! I wish you the best!!! What an uncomfortable New Years.
Post a Comment