Call it a clan, call it a network, call it a tribe, call it a family.
Whatever you call it, whoever you are, you need one....Jane Howard
"Your most important friendships should be with your own brothers and sisters and with your father and mother. Love your family. Be loyal to them. Have a genuine concern for your brothers and sisters. Help carry their load so you can say, like the lyrics of that song, 'He ain't heavy; he's my brother.' " Ezra Taft Benson

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

People are just desserts....


I went to a class last year when I was in San Antonio with Kevin. The conference was a construction one, but they had classes for the wives. Perry A.
was the presenter. She was funny and insightful with how different people are.
We talked about people being desserts. We were asked what was the first dessert to come to your mind. Now, it didn't have to be your favorite, just the first. I thought of Key Lime Pie. From that she would analyze your personality....
She picked a few people out of the audience and their reaction to her description was great. People could not believe how well they were pinpointed. Well when I returned home, I found the book on line and purchased it. People are just desserts.
Here is the description of Key Lime Pie
Tart, sweet and direct. On task with high energy. An action person who speaks up for what they want. An expert or specialist in one area. Consistent. Logical and fact oriented. "Just the facts, please." Likes things done NOW. Beneath the tartness is a real compassionate nature. Likes a plan.
What do you think???

12 comments:

Torrie said...

wow, that was dead on, sounds like a very interesting book. How nice they had stuff for the wives to do, cool.

KandK said...

If anyone else wants to know what she has to say about you, just let me know the dessert that first comes to your mind and I will post what she says!

Kassi said...

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!! Except for the wants something now, usually it is wants something done yesterday. Mostly with cleaning.

Suzie said...

I'm am laughing my head off right now! They couldn't have pinned you better if they wanted. For some reason, pumpkin pie is coming to my mind, let me know the results! Funny comment Kass.

KandK said...

Pumpkin pie...here we go....Salt of the earth. Grounded and content with who and what they are. The same from first bit to last. A true and loyal friend. A spicy treat that will surprise you. Can fire little zingers when necessary. A focused planner who keeps their eye on the goal. Can stay focused. There is more to them than meets the eye on first meeting!!!!!

Suzie said...

Josh wants to know if beef jerky is a dessert. The only dessert he can think of is ice cream, or an oatmeal raisin cookie. Are either of them in the book? I think I'm a dork because I love stuff like this... maybe I'll have to buy the book!

KandK said...

No, sorry no beef jerky...
What kind of ice cream? There is a general description of ice cream and a section on specific kinds....but they are specific and not regular flavors.
So here goes ice cream...
Reserved and chilly on first meeting. Observers/analyzers. A real sweet treat when you are allowed into their inner goodness. Smooth and easy going. Gets along well with others, a team player. Must have people interaction. Moldable. Stackable. In a structured container they are organized, on purpose, balanced and fun. Changeable. Will go from a solid to a liquid given time to survey the situation. THey have excellent listening and observing skills. Creative. Don't rush these sensitive thinkers. You won't pull any fast ones with them. They need time to process new ideas. They are cautious thinkers who land ideas first from the thought process and then from intuition. Patience develops trust and loyalty. Team players.

Here is oatmeal cookie....sorry no raisins mentioned...More than meets the eye. Involves others in their activities. Always up to something...spicy and exciting. Likes to have several options available to choose from. Tends to be self contained, but secretly bursting to get out. Attaches easily and sticks to a project until complete. Likes challenges, the rough and rugged type. Never boring. Full of surprises.

It really is a fun book!

Kara said...

The first thing that I think of is Brownies!! Let me know I am really curious!!

KandK said...

Okay, here we go with Brownie!!

Self-disciplined. Stays within self set boundaries. Task oriented. Goes for completion. Curious and seeking. Always striving to improve and go to a higher level of accomplishment. A manager keeping others focused on the task at hand. Loves competition and challenge. Goes for the win. Very private about private life. Works and plays equally hard. A loyal friend. A builder. Has a firm foundation. A team player.

Kara said...

That is very interesting? Some of it sounds like me and others have me wondering!! That sounds like a really fun book!!

Suzie said...

That's Kara! lol. Kim, can I ask how much the book set you back? I may have to borrow this for girls camp.

KandK said...

I bought the book for $11 something on deepdiscount.com, however I can't find it on there any longer. If you go to the website I posted, you can get it from there for $20, or you can just borrow it from me. When is your camp?

We have done this book with a lot of our friends.
Even my sister in called me and asked me a bunch of desserts because they were trying to appoint someone to their committee in community council thing and she was trying to find a hard worker.....funny thing was, all of the dessert were about people who were organized and go getters!!! Just let me know