Call it a clan, call it a network, call it a tribe, call it a family.
Whatever you call it, whoever you are, you need one....Jane Howard
"Your most important friendships should be with your own brothers and sisters and with your father and mother. Love your family. Be loyal to them. Have a genuine concern for your brothers and sisters. Help carry their load so you can say, like the lyrics of that song, 'He ain't heavy; he's my brother.' " Ezra Taft Benson

Sunday, February 22, 2009

A day in my vacation life....

We started our day at the Aloha Tower where we were to board a boat to go whale watching.
Kevin and Jay got side tracked by this hula girl.....Kevin got her while Jay was pushed away!



Kevin with the shoreline in the back ground....off we go!




Right off we saw whales!!!!!











Kevin, Jay and Sylvia watching for the whales. The whales were always spotted on the right side of the boat.



Kevin thought it was cool to see a submarine in the water.....He actually wanted to see some torpedo action, but not aimed at us!



We had lunch on the boat, but I just couldn't eat too much...even though I took some sea sick pills, the rocking and the smell of the food eventually got to me and I just had to close my eyes for a few minutes!





On our way back to shore with Diamond head in the background



The shore line was amazing!



The color of the water was the prettiest blue!!




When we got back to shore we decided to go and find some people Kevin's parents knew on their mission in Yap.....along the way we found this beautiful LDS chapel!!


This the the atrium in the middle. The hallways were all outside, no indoor halls.....absolutely beautiful and amazing!



Reflecting pool outside the church.


This tree is huge!!!!!!!



Looking up seeing the patterns the branches make!! A great Tarzan tree!!!


We finally found Juanita and her mom, Mary at the Ronald McDonald house!! It was nice to meet people from Yap.


A beautiful picture of the trees on the North Shore!


We drove to Sunset Beach to watch the sunset this beautiful Sunday evening!!!











Kevin digging.....for what I am not sure!



I stood behind Kevin and Jay as the waves would make it up the bank........



getting closer every time...... Until..



It eventually made them jump out of the way...
Kevin only got his feet wet...















When this wave hit we all ran.......Sylvia saved the purses, Kevin grabbed the shoes, Jay did a back roll and I grabbed his glasses that got buried in the sand!!!









Very romantic setting!!!










We are loving our time here. The east and north shores are our favorites!!! We will visit them again this week as our days continue to bring us such wonderful adventures!!!!

5 comments:

Torrie said...

Looks awesome, what a great vacation. Isn't Kevin supposed to be "working" cute earrings by the way, i love all the pictures, can't wait until tomorrow.

jessica said...

Gorgeous beach...okay, you guys are pretty cute too;)!!

Suzie said...

That looks so awesome!

Tiphaine Brewer said...

Love the sunset pix...and the whales...sorry you got seasick...did you get my email? P.S...not sure if I have cards from Hawaii...hint, hint!

jessica said...

I just had to let you know I peeked at your blog today and Annie yells, "Hey Kim." I then scroll down and she yells at me, "More Kim, Mommy. Where's Kim? More Kim, again. KIM NOW!!!!"