Call it a clan, call it a network, call it a tribe, call it a family.
Whatever you call it, whoever you are, you need one....Jane Howard
"Your most important friendships should be with your own brothers and sisters and with your father and mother. Love your family. Be loyal to them. Have a genuine concern for your brothers and sisters. Help carry their load so you can say, like the lyrics of that song, 'He ain't heavy; he's my brother.' " Ezra Taft Benson

Saturday, February 28, 2009

It's been great!!!

We woke up to rain!!! Of coarse it did not last long and so we were excited to get on with our day!!






We started our day out at the awards breakfast. Don't these young men look so good!!




BYU ended up taking third in the safety category and also third place overall!!!! I was so excited for them and proud of their accomplishments!!






I love taking pictures and sometimes the things you see are just fun to capture in a photo.



We went geo-caching today. Sylvia found the first one, I found the second one and the men found the last one.


Along the way we saw jelly fish in the boat harbor. There were probably around 20 of them, some bigger then others.


On the last cache the men walked along this rock wall for at least a third of a mile.......finally when they hadn't come back to us yet we walked along the pier to yell to them the hint that was on the paper......they found it right away after that!!!


These are turtles that are at the hotel where the convention is. There were penguins also and as I wondered how they are kept cool....

I have loved the flowers in Oahu.....they are so vivid and beautiful!!

c



We went out to the beach and had some yummy smoothies....Strawberry for Kevin, pina colada for me!!


As we were walking along the beach, someone stopped Jay and Kevin and talked them into going on a catamaran out in the ocean for an hour and a half!
I was worried about getting sea sick but they assured me that it goes too fast for that....



We hit some crazy waves and got soaked!! It was so fun and we loved it!!! Kevin had the GPS out and we got up to 20 miles an hour but mostly stuck around the 9-10 miles an hour range.



We saw dolphins jumping in the water, a first for us and some people saw a whale.......we mostly watched the big waves we were hitting. I don't have pictures of that because we had to put our cameras in a safe water proof container!!!



We came back and cleaned up for the closing night party....
We were given 5 drink tickets......5.....can you believe that??? I had 2 virgin pina coladas, Kevin had OJ, grapefruit juice and we shared a virgin bloody mary, which was spicy tomato juice!






The salad was fabulous!! Lemongrass shrimp.....yummy!!

I forgot to take a picture of the dinner plate, but that was okay....I was good though!!


Look at this delicious plate of dessert!!! My favorite is the creme brulee on the right, Kevin's favorite is the middle chocolate mousse with passion fruit filling!!!

We are going to try to go to sacrament this morning then to lunch....We still have to walk the beach to me to say good-bye.....


I love the ocean.......I am so thankful for the time we have had here.....
We fly home tonight, arriving tomorrow, but I still have today!!!!!

2 comments:

jessica said...

Congrats, BYU!! And I love the jellies. That is going to be a hard vacation to come down from. Good thing you have great kids waiting for you at home!

Tiphaine Brewer said...

Glad you had a great time...and didn't lose the swimming suit...always a plus!