Call it a clan, call it a network, call it a tribe, call it a family.
Whatever you call it, whoever you are, you need one....Jane Howard
"Your most important friendships should be with your own brothers and sisters and with your father and mother. Love your family. Be loyal to them. Have a genuine concern for your brothers and sisters. Help carry their load so you can say, like the lyrics of that song, 'He ain't heavy; he's my brother.' " Ezra Taft Benson

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Snorkeling, anyone??!!

We started our day at an all you can eat buffet at the chinese restaurant down stairs. Let's just say this....they had egg rolls, corn, fried rice and other chinese foods. Thankfully they also had eggs, sausage, bacon, danishes, fried potatoes and fresh pineapple also!!





As we were trying to make our way to Hanauma Bay, we stopped along the way because we spotted a whale. I don't have a picture of it because the camera was in my purse, but as we pulled over I noticed we could see one of the neighboring Hawaiin islands. We could not see it the previous days because of the clouds, but I thought it was great we could see it!



It took us several times of trying to get parking at the bay. The lot was full so they we had to drive back and forth hoping they would let us in eventually.......No such luck. We parked a few miles away and took a city bus!!!



This is our first look at the bay. You can distinctly see the reefs. We rented our snorkel gear (Kevin told them we were land lovers and so we got the kind of snorkles so water can't get in the mouth piece from the top incase you get a wave or lower your face too much).





You have to walk down this path to make it to the bay....not a bad walk at all!!!


The water was so cold and I thought I was going to hyper ventilate when I first got in. Kevin was beside me telling me to just kneel down. Once I did it took me a minute to catch my breath. After trying the flippers out and getting use to the snorkeling (it's hard to get use to the fact that you can breath when your face is in the water ), Kevin, Jay and I headed over to the reefs. Oh my.....can I just say we saw some beautiful fish!!!!! I took a disposable camera with me and I am hoping some of the pictures turn out!!!! Oh the fish were so amazing!!!!





We loved our time snorkeling and we are hoping to go again before our vacation is through!
The scenery was beautiful and we never felt crowded although there were a lot of people.


We had to head back after being there a couple of hours. Kevin and Jay had to go to the airport to pick up the students. They dropped Sylvia and I off at the hotel while they went to get the boys.....in their swimsuits!
It was a fun filled day.......I am loving my time in Hawaii!!!
Stay tuned for our next adventure. The Dole plantation.....yep, I am going to see how the pineapples grow!!!!! Then off to the north shore again! I love the beach!

2 comments:

Audrey said...

Looks like you guys are having alot of fun. Did I mention that I am totally jealous?

Tiphaine Brewer said...

Glad to see your suit stayed on...Glad to see you are having fun! Have fun with the pineapples tomorrow!