Call it a clan, call it a network, call it a tribe, call it a family.
Whatever you call it, whoever you are, you need one....Jane Howard
"Your most important friendships should be with your own brothers and sisters and with your father and mother. Love your family. Be loyal to them. Have a genuine concern for your brothers and sisters. Help carry their load so you can say, like the lyrics of that song, 'He ain't heavy; he's my brother.' " Ezra Taft Benson

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

What a great day!!!

We started our day at the pineapple plantation!!





I learned how to tell if it is a good pineapple, how to cut it and what yummy seasoning I can put on it!
We've had pineapple everyday since we got here and it is so good!!



This tree is not painted, it the color of the bark!!




We took the train ride around the pineapple field to see how it grows!



We then drove up the highway to a preserve....look at the size of the leaves!


We saw a couple of trees that have these hanging things that grow into the ground!




Off to the north shore again! We found this secluded beach where there was only an occasional sightseer. The waves were incredible!





The sand was very coarse and I loved walking in it!





Jay and Sylvia took a nap, Kevin walked the beach with me, took pictures and played with his GPS!


I love walking the beach!





The wave caught me!




Kevin had to hustle out of the way of this wave!




We had fun taking pictures of ourselves while Jay and Sylvia napped!






I've always wanted to write in the sand these words!!






Next we headed on down the road to the pipeline where the surfers love the waves......



If you look really close you can see a surfer riding the wave in.




We stopped at a fruit stand....we got mini bananas (I tried a taste...still don't like them)



Fresh coconut...which was yummy!


Fresh guava that had a great taste to it!



Another hanging tree!


The beautiful mountains of Oahu!

We drove up the middle and down the east side of Oahu today!
What beautiful scenery and what a magical vacation!!!
Tomorrow we are going to Pearl Harbor and the swap meet!!!!

2 comments:

Tiphaine Brewer said...

Fresh pineapple and coconut...very jealous!

jessica said...

Pineapple so many days and yet your mouth isn't numb...bravo!! Those finger bananas are fabulous. I'm sorry you didn't like them.
Those waves are awesome!! There is a reason that surfers like the North Shore.