Okay...so in the beginning of January I did my menu....through June.
I know it is a bit overboard or extreme, but it so works for me. I have so many cookbooks I want to try recipes from....So for a couple of days I would go through different cookbooks and mark them with a post it note. Then I took and afternoon and made my calendar. I must tell you there are not many repeats!!! It is funny the fact that the recipes I chose have no weird ingredients. They all have ingredients that I buy or that come on sale regularly. So far my menu has worked out great. I have done this before and I just do better with it. Now, if I am not in the mood for something, fine, I change it. It is merrily a guideline!! If the family likes it, a smiley face goes on the calendar and if they don't I put a frowning face....although they have liked them all, except for tonight. Kassidy didn't like it, Emily really didn't either, Audrey and Zach said it was good but not their favorite and Kevin liked it. So I probably won't make it again. It was a pasta salad with hamburger, green peppers, chopped tomatoes, olives, cheese and catalina dressing. I have made some really yummy dishes, there just isn't enough days in the year to make all of the recipes I have!! Oh well, next!!!!
Call it a clan, call it a network, call it a tribe, call it a family.
Whatever you call it, whoever you are, you need one....Jane Howard
Whatever you call it, whoever you are, you need one....Jane Howard
"Your most important friendships should be with your own brothers and sisters and with your father and mother. Love your family. Be loyal to them. Have a genuine concern for your brothers and sisters. Help carry their load so you can say, like the lyrics of that song, 'He ain't heavy; he's my brother.' " Ezra Taft Benson
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
How great. You are so good with the sticky notes. I just write all over my cookbooks. I used to always be so careful and then realized I ended up making the same horrible recipe over and over because I couldn't remember how aweful it was...or which recipe was no good. It sounds like all of yours are delicioso! Happy cooking!
If you ever run out of recipes....I have a few good ones!
So start posting some of the ones that everyone ooooh's & ahhh's over. We all can use some help in the cooking dept.
Post a Comment