

There was a craftsman's fair at the convention center.....the boys loved the tools!!

Next we came back to the hotel, changed and headed to the beach. We saw this man doing sand sculptures again....He really is talented. He said he just makes what is in his mind.

We walked quite a ways down the beach to the outrigger canoes. We passed several vendors, but finally found one we liked....a true Hawaiian to take us out.....and it was an adventure!!!! We were not to take our shoes, cameras, phones.....nothing out with us because you know, it could get wet. The canoes never capsize, that is why there is a large yellow thing that makes it so you won't tip over.

First you paddle out into the ocean changing sides to paddle as the first mate calls out to you....
I was number 1, Kevin number 2, Sylvia number 3, and Jay number 4. Okay so at the very beginning I was instructed to hold my hand down further on the paddle, then it was too far......My arms were just not long enough....It didn't matter though, we were canoeing in the ocean!!!

When you get out a ways you wait for a swell to come and then you paddle really fast to ride it in. It is such a natural high as you are gliding in with the wave......Since I was in front the water would splash in on me and I would just laugh!
On the first ride out we paddled and then turned around and started to ride a wave in. For some reason (I'm not sure why) the captain turned us back around before we made it in further. I figured it was to just turn around to catch another wave. Well the first mate yells for those who have the buckets to start bailing.....I look down and we had taken on water. It was great. Then a wave came and we really filled with water!!!!! The canoe was under water......well all except for the yellow part that keeps you afloat. Everyone out they yelled. Go and hang onto the yellow floating outrigger (yellow thing). We were laughing!!! What an adventure......
The captain and first mate bailed us out, we got back in and rode two more waves it!!! We loved it!!!!! I would love to do that again!!! Like all day!!

This is a place you can rent the surf boards.....nope, we passed on this one!

Just a crab we found on a rock as we were walking back along the beach!!!

Did I mention we were not suppose to take phones out on the canoe????????
Well for some reason both Kevin and Jay thought they had put theirs in the locker......nope, we now have a ruined phone full of salt water!!! When we were heading back to the hotel I asked Kevin if he had his phone. He reached for it and then said, "You know, I don't think I put it in the locker" Then Jay feels his pocket and realizes he didn't either!! So off to the verizon store we went. Thankfully we have insurance on his phone and the new one will be at the house on Monday. Until then all of his calls have been forwarded to my phone!

We then headed to the west side of the island. I place we didn't know existed. Isn't it so beautiful!!!

We watched the sunset here and it was great!!



The sand was white and our feet sunk in it as we walked!!!!

Okay, so I was trying to jump on Kevin's back for a picture. He was on a slope and I didn't jump high enough and the result was downwards!!!

We did succeed though!!

I love walking in the sand, playing in the water.....but I was not expecting the wave that hit me here!!!

Our adventure to the west beach was not planned, but it was so worth going.....Okay it was on my list, but we did it on the spur of the moment!! I'm so glad we did because we would have missed the beautiful sunset.....we were the only ones on the beach!!!!
We ate authentic Hawaiian food for dinner we found at a restaurant, and it was so yummy. It was definitely a local hang out and the people were so friendly to us!!!
I am still loving my time in Hawaii, it has been a dream come true vacation!!!


3 comments:
Those dang men...they never follow directions! Glad to see you put your swimming suit on the right way...and it stayed on! Good luck to Kevin's team!
Really? Kev, another cell phone. I think the insurance, you got has been a very good investment. Sounds fun!
Hope you guys have tried poi? I am glad that you have had a wonderful time. Dreams always come true! When you wish hard enough!
Post a Comment