Call it a clan, call it a network, call it a tribe, call it a family.
Whatever you call it, whoever you are, you need one....Jane Howard
Whatever you call it, whoever you are, you need one....Jane Howard
"Your most important friendships should be with your own brothers and sisters and with your father and mother. Love your family. Be loyal to them. Have a genuine concern for your brothers and sisters. Help carry their load so you can say, like the lyrics of that song, 'He ain't heavy; he's my brother.' " Ezra Taft Benson
Tuesday, February 10, 2009
Weekend in a flash!
This past weekends I did my last ward party. It was a five coarse dinner. We had fruit with dip, shrimp and dip, then came the soup and salad followed by the main coarse. It consisted of chicken cordon blu, potato wedges, green beans cooked with bacon bits and a roll. Dessert was a variety of cheesecakes and many different desserts. We played the newlywed game using 4 couples to finish up the night. It was a great success with so many compliments. I was released on Sunday and I actually had someone tell me how sad they were because they just didn't think we would have as many activities. I assured her we would!! So today I have gathered all of the ward stuff that I have been storing at my house and the new person is coming to pick it up in just a minute. It is always a bitter sweet moment when I finish a calling, but I can honestly say I am proud of the job I did!!! Now, I only hope they just leave me in the nursery!!! Ta ta for now!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Now you can just go & enjoy the parties & not worry about all that planning!
Post a Comment